Governor Reynolds Takes Final Action on 2022 Legislation
June 24, 2022
ABI public policy staff tracked more than 250 bills internally, registered in support of 41, and registered against 19.
When the dust settled, ABI had many successes:
- The unemployment system became a re-employment system under HF 2355
- Childcare availability for workers was enhanced by HF 2198
- Work-based Learning got a boost through SF 2383
- Income taxes were lowered over time to a single flat rate for individuals and corporations and all retirement taxes were eliminated under HF 2317
- $200 million of federal ARPA funding was allocated to broadband grants in January 2022
- Lawmakers took a first step to reform the bottle bill after decades of inaction and criticism of the popular system in SF 2378
ABI thanks Gov. Reynolds for her leadership along with that of the Iowa House and Senate in getting these important policies across the finish line. Please join ABI staff at a regional meeting to review these accomplishments and begin the groundwork for a successful 2023 session by visiting the ABI events page to find a meeting nearby. ABI members can sign up for public policy committees by using the same link to join your colleagues at the ABI offices in Des Moines in August. We hope to see you there.