It’s our mission to reach Iowans in all communities across our state with the exceptional programming offered by the ABI Foundation. We invite you to help ensure others in your community are aware of these experiences and ensure your town is represented each year. Nominate Iowans (consider friends, family, neighbors, colleagues and others) to be connected to each of our programs. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
- Nominate high school students for our future-focused program, Business Horizons.
- Nominate college students for our internship capstone program, Leadership Iowa University.
- Nominate community leaders for our issues-awareness program, Leadership Iowa (deadline April 1).
The success of ABI Foundation programs would not be possible without the time and efforts of our many volunteers who contribute hundreds of hours each year to help educate the future business and civic leaders of our state.
But it is not all work. Ask anyone who has participated in an ABI Foundation program and they will tell you, volunteers walk away from these experiences enriched, too.
- Business Horizons: This weeklong business program for Iowa high school students is powered by volunteers. From "Industry Advisors" who guide and mentor student groups throughout the week, to professionals in banking, finance, marketing and human resources who serve over a shorter timeframe as judges and consultants. Learn more about engaging with Business Horizons online here.
- Leadership Iowa University: The college students who participate in Leadership Iowa University are top-notch young leaders who benefit greatly by the expertise shared by Iowa professionals. Businesses and business leaders have the opportunity to host the group for a visit, or perhaps join the group for networking and roundtable discussions during the week. Students may also elect to be paired with a mentor following their participation in the program. This is a great opportunity to help mold Iowa’s future leaders. Learn more here.
ABI Foundation programming would not be possible without the generosity of Iowans and Iowa's businesses. These contributions help pay for materials used during programming, meals and lodging for youth participants, program activities, speakers, experiences and more. Sponsors also allow the Foundation to keep participation costs low, and provide financial assistance for any participants who may have need, removing further barriers to these opportunities. This is a great opportunity to not only give back but also introduce potential employees to your organization or potential community members to your area.