Updated House Committee Assignments
November 21, 2019
The Iowa House Republican caucus recently announced committee assignments for members during the 2020 legislative session. The move follows the selection of Pat Grassley as Speaker-select and Matt Windschitl as Majority Leader. Some notable changes include:
- Rep. Ray “Bubba” Sorensen (R-Greenfield) now chairs the Economic Development Budget Subcommittee.
- Rep. Brian Best (R-Glidden) now chairs the Transportation Committee.
- Rep. Holly Brink (R-Oskaloosa) is now vice chair of the Appropriations Committee and maintains her role as vice chair of the Economic Growth Committee.
- Rep. Joe Mitchell (R-Mt. Pleasant) is now the vice chair of the Ways & Means Committee.
- Rep. Phil Thompson (R-Jefferson) will serve as vice chair of the State Government Committee.
View all of the House committee assignments for 2020.