Legislative Committee Leadership Announcements Made
November 29, 2018
Earlier this week, Speaker Upmeyer in the House and Majority Leader Whitver in the Senate announced new committee leadership. The makeup of committees in the House will change significantly in 2019.
Key committee changes include:
- Commerce–Rep. Gary Carlson (R-Muscatine)
- Ways and Means–Rep. Lee Hein (R-Monticello)
- Economic Growth–Rep. Skyler Wheeler (R-Orange City)
- Judiciary–Rep. Steve Holt (R-Denison)
- Administrative Rules–Rep. Megan Jones (R-Sioux Rapids)
- Transportation–Rep. Ashley Hinson (R-Marion)
Read the full list of committee chairpersons.
While there are several new faces in the Iowa Senate, there are just a few changes to committee assignments. Most notably, freshman Sen. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-Ottumwa) will chair the Human Resources Committee, and Sen. Michael Breitbach (R-Strawberry Point) had been named Appropriations Chair earlier this summer. Some Vice Chair positions have also shifted. Read the full list of the committee assignments in the Senate.