Webinar Series - Understanding Cannabis and Its Workplace Safety, Legal and Health Implications
- DateDecember 3, 2020
- Time 11:00 AM
- LocationWebinar (Virtual Session)
- Categories Other
When the 2020 Taking Care of Business Conference was cancelled, you missed valuable programming you rely on. And workshop presenters lost an opportunity to share their expertise with you.
That’s why we’re excited to announce plans to offer five of the previously-scheduled workshops virtually. Each is designed to provide ideas and insight you can implement immediately.
The workshops will be presented live on October 29, November 11 and December 3.
Title: Understanding Cannabis and Its Workplace Safety, Legal and Health Implications
Description: This session will provide an overview of cannabis (CBD oil, medical marijuana), the impact on the workplace and legal implications.
1. Understand the pharmacodynamics and health effects of cannabis.
2. Review OSHA’s general duty clause.
3. Learn about the National Safety Council's position/policy statement on cannabis
4. Gain insight into the legal and safety issues associated with worker use of cannabis.
Speakers: Dr. Cindy Hanawalt, MD, PhD, Physician - Unity Point Work Well Solutions
Terri Davis, Attorney, Senior Vice President - Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.